On the evening of July 14, 1936, in room 320 of the Heathman Hotel, 7
veterinarians gathered to organize the Portland Veterinary Medical
Association. In 1939, the first officials were elected and in1959, the
Constitution and Articles were accepted by the State of Oregon and the
PVMA became a nonprofit association.
The field of veterinary medicine has evolved over the last 80 years but the Mission of the Portland Veterinary Medical Association remains the same.