14 Nov 2019 PVMA Holiday Pet Food and Supplies Drive
We will be holding a traditional holiday pet food and supplies drive again this year!
To participate, veterinary practices must be able to bring collected donations to the PVMA office (located on SW Barbur Blvd) for sorting and distribution
Recipients of the donations will be:
Portland Animal Welfare Team: www.pawteam.org
The Portland Animal Welfare (PAW) Team saves lives, alleviates suffering, and keeps pets and people together by providing free veterinary care to the pets of people who are experiencing homelessness or extreme poverty.
Coffee Creek Puppy Program: www.cci.org
A small group of female inmates at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility (CCCF), located in Wilsonville, raise puppies for Canine Companions for Independence (CCI). CCI is a national non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with physical, cognitive, and developmental disabilities by providing highly trained service dogs. The inmates raise the puppies for the first year and a half of the dog’s life. The inmate handlers are responsible for the care and well-being of the dogs 24 hours a day. PVMA member hospitals provide veterinary sponsorship while the dogs are in Oregon.
Items needed (some are suggestions for veterinary hospitals, others are for your clients!)
- New or gently used (clean!) collars, leashes, harnesses and halters (harnesses and head halters are highly desired!)
- New or gently used dog and cat toys
- New or gently used warm pet clothing– sweatshirts, raingear, etc.
- Over the counter products: dental/oral care, skin/joint/gi supplements (Fortifloria, Wellactin, Dasaquin, Dermcaps, etc)
- Grooming tools, shampoo, nail clippers, ear cleaner
- Feline and Canine Flea Preventatives
- UNOPENED dry, canned or pouch food– Any good quality brand (MUST BE IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING) Recently expired is ok: <3mons
- Pet beds (new or very clean only!)
- Cat litter, bleach and laundry detergent
- General medical supplies: electric clippers, syringes (1cc, 3cc), gauze, vetrap, surgery supplies, nitrile gloves, catheters
Reminder: We are not able to take controlled medications, large pet carriers, crates or dog houses/igloos or anything more than 6 months expired.
Please contact PAW Team directly if you have some of the items they are in need of, listed on their website: www.pawteam.org/donate/#anchor-medical-donations-wishlist
Donations will be collected November 15th through January 5th.