HHHHHMM Scale : Quality of Life Scale
As part of our effort to advocate for both our member veterinarians and the welfare of animals, the AVMA is an active partner in the non-profit Partners for Healthy Pets initiative. Led by AVMA and AAHA alongside the AVMF, this alliance brings together dozens of veterinary associations and animal health companies to ensure that pets receive the preventive health care they deserve through regular visits to a veterinarian.
The goals of Partners for Healthy Pets are to:
- Address the increasing prevalence of serious diseases and the declining health of our nation’s pets.
- Enhance pet owners’ perceived value of preventive veterinary care.
- Ensure that regular veterinary visits become the norm.
- Increase public understanding of the veterinarian’s central role in the health and happiness of pets.
- Make increasing preventive health care for cats a priority.