09 Nov 2023 PVMA Winter Pet Food and Supplies Drive
With your help, we will be hosting our traditional pet food and supplies drive this winter!
Portland Animal Welfare Team: www.pawteam.org
The Portland Animal Welfare Team is a grassroots, volunteer-powered nonprofit that provides vital veterinary services for over 1,000 Portland-area families per year, aiding individuals living on the streets, in transitional shelters or government housing, as well as those facing temporary financial hardship that restricts their access to medical care for their pets. For many of our clients, home is where their beloved companion animal is.
PAW Team provides veterinary care through a robust medical program including weekday appointments and drop-in wellness clinics at our NE Portland facility. Our services include essential wellness, vaccinations, parasite prevention, medication, management of some chronic conditions, food, pet supplies, and so much more. We have no veterinarians on staff and rely on the generous time and energy of a network of volunteers to help power our clinics.
- Coffee Creek Puppy Program: www.canine.org
A small group of adults in custody (AIC) at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility (CCCF), located in Wilsonville, raise puppies for Canine Companions. Canine Companions is a national non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with physical, cognitive, and developmental disabilities by providing highly trained service dogs. The AIC handlers raise the puppies for the first year and a half of the dog’s life. The AIC handler is responsible for the care and well-being of the dog 24 hours a day. PVMA member hospitals provide veterinary sponsorship while the dogs are in our area. To learn more about the PVMA partnership, visit our website.
- New or gently used (clean!) collars, leashes, harnesses and halters (harnesses and head halters are especially desired!)
- New or gently used dog and cat toys- plush and tough chew (Kongs, Westpaw or Goughnut toys) – New or gently used warm pet clothing– sweatshirts, rain-gear, etc.
- Over the counter products: dental/oral care, skin/joint/gi supplements (Probiotics, Wellactin, Dasaquin, Dermcaps, etc)
- Grooming and care tools, shampoo, nail clippers, ear cleaner, dog waste bags
- Feline and Canine Flea & Heartworm Preventatives
- UNOPENED dry, canned or pouch food– Any good quality brand (MUST BE IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING) no more than 6 mons past expiration
- Training treats, pill pockets
- Pet beds and blankets (new or very clean only!)
- Cat litter
- General clinic & medical supplies: electric clippers, syringes (1cc, 3cc), syringe plugs, gauze, vetwrap, surgery supplies, nitrile gloves, catheters, u/a strips, cleaning products, storage bins, odor eliminator, etc
- Common use medications
Please contact PAW Team directly if you have some of the items they are in need of, listed on their website: www.pawteam.org/donate/#anchor-medical-donations-wishlist
Donations will be collected from November 15th through January 15th.
Pacific Northwest Pet Emergency & Specialty Center