06 Jul PVMA Power of 10 Program- Application period now open for Class of 2024!
We are now accepting applications for our next class- Due Monday, August 28th
Undoubtedly, the early years of your veterinary career are both exciting and challenging and everything in-between. The PVMA offers this program to provide support, tools, and guidance to our early career members for personal and professional development. While our community continues to grow and evolve, we are making every effort to help our members connect and support one another. This has been the foundation of our organization for many years.
The Power of Ten Program offers approximately ten early-career veterinarians the opportunity to complete a personal and professional development program comprised of in-person educational opportunities and activities over a 9-month period.
The PVMA will provide all mentors, meals, and meeting expenses at no charge to the participant. Most sessions will be held in-person at the PVMA office in SW Portland.
Through the Power of Ten, you will:
• Develop fundamental understanding of leadership skills, personal and professional goal setting, and emotional intelligence
• Deepen understanding of communication styles and skills
• Heighten awareness of yourself and better understand how to maximize interactions with those around you
• Gain the competency to utilize these skills within your life, practice, and community
• Experience a supportive environment that fosters meaningful interpersonal relationships and collaborative, lifelong interactions
This program is intended for current PVMA member veterinarians who graduated within the last approximately 8 years (2016-22*). Other candidates may be considered based on their level of interest. * 2023 graduates will will be considered, however it is recommended to complete the intern year prior to participating.
We are so excited to go on this journey with another group of PVMA members!
For more information: www.portlandvma.org/power-of-ten